These custom wrapping papers were a piece of cake to create. All you need to do is pick one of their beautifully designed templates and upload your favorite pictures, recipes or monograms! Along with my DIY braided yarn ribbon (tutorial below), I think I’m going to have a hard time giving these gifts away.
I haven’t had a chance to share my engagement session (by Luna Photo) and engagement party photos (by Melody Melikian) with my friends and family yet, so I thought it would be a fun idea to wrap this year’s gifts with some of our favorite photos. I love this idea for birthday gifts too. You could create custom wrapping paper with photos of the both of you!
You can also print your favorite recipes on these. I absolutely love this idea. I’m not much of a baker, but I do have one cookie recipe that I always get asked for. Isn’t this a creative way to share it? I paired it with these adorable measuring spoons as gift toppers.
So now that you’ve wrapped up your gifts all nice and pretty, it’s time to add some decorative touches. I’ve started to use yarn instead of ribbon because (1) I love the texture it adds and (2) you get the most bang for your buck! I wrapped all my gifts with a few packs of $3 yarn and I’ve got enough left to last me through a few more holiday seasons!
By braiding 3 colors together, I think it’s a nice way to add a pop of color and some dimension to any plain gift box. Top it off with a gift tag or other embellishments and you’re set!
• Personalized wrapping paper from Minted
• Double-sided tape
• 3 colors of yarn
• Safety pin
• Optional: gift tags or gift toppers
• Wrap your gift using double-sided tape for a more polished look. Make sure the photos/recipe that’s on the paper is placed exactly where you’d like it before wrapping completely.
• Cut 3 colors of yarn and knot them together at one end. Secure it to a stationary surface with a safety pin.
• Braid the 3 pieces together. Remove the knot once complete.
• Wrap it around the box and secure by knotting the 2 ends of the yarn together.
• Decorate by adding gift tags and other embellishments.